Barco Reale is set on a hillside in a countryside setting. There are great views across the Tuscan countryside from the parc. Here is the view from the pool :
The campsite is well situated for visiting various well known tourist favourites such as Florence, Pisa or Vinci. And out of season you will find the parc to be very quiet, providing a restful retreat after a day's sightseeing.
The campsite organises hiking and walking tours and excursions in the surrounding area, including visits to wineries and mediaeval villages. Nature lovers will also find lots to enjoy in the surrounding countryside. The campsite has a Fitness trail, that you can go through whenever you like.
The campsite has excellent facilities including :
- • Two rectangular outdoor swimming pools, one with hydromassage. And a children's pool with a shallower depth. There is a one lane 3 metre long waterslide.
- • The excellent Restaurant Barcoreale Vinoteca has a terrace area for dining as well as an indoor area and serves pizza, pasta etc and is even popular with the local people.
- • Takeaway and Bar.
- • Minimarket with fresh bread available in the mornings.
- • Ice cream parlour.
- • The campsite provide entertainment from the end of June to the beginning of July, this can include sports tournaments, aqua gym, evening shows or theme nights.
- • Table tennis, football, basketball and volleyball pitches
- • Playground with climbing frames and slides.
- • Mountain bike hire for adults.
- • Coach tours to Florence, Pisa and Lucca and guided tours of the surrounding area are bookable on the parc.
- • There is a campsite run kids club where a variety of languages are spoken.
- • Internet and WiFi are available.
- • The park is set on a hillside so if you have access needs or are elderly or have very young children please check with the campsite or Eurocamp for further information to ensure it is suitable for your needs.
Booking Your Holiday
If driving from Calais you would probably need an overnight stop as its a long journey but not impossible if you are starting off from South of England in the first place.
- • Calais: about 1383 km
- • Caen: 1343 km
- • Zeebrugge: 1341 km
There are flights by a variety of airlines from the UK and Ireland to the following airports :
- • Pisa : 83 km
- • Florence : 46 km
- • Bologna : 133 km
- • Train station: Pistoia, 18km : Services to Pisa, Florence
- • Bus Station 1km : Services to Pistoia
Things to Do in the Area
Leaning Tower of Pisa (70 km)
World famous leaning bell tower.
Museo Leonardiano - Vinci (10 km away)
Visit The Museum of Leonardo da Vinci in Vinci. A fantastic museum.Museum Website - Where we are
San Gimignano (51 km)
This lovely Tuscan hilltop town is famous for its 14 medieval towers dating from the 10th Century which can be seen from quite a distance.
It is well worth a visit as it has retained its medieval atmosphere and appearance.
43 km away. (about an hour's drive) This town is the capital of Tuscany and is famous for its art, its museums, churches and palaces. The Ponte Vecchio Bridge is a famous sight. If you plan to visit a lot of museums you might want to buy a Museum card in advance. However I think children under 18 are free so please check that in advance. There is more about this card here Museum Card
A large theme park with attractions to suit the whole family. A good selection of rollercoasters and activities for teenagers plus rides for younger children.
A few kilometres away from the centre of Pistoia. One of the most interesting zoological gardens in Italy both because of its hillside position and the number of species with over 600 animals from around the globe including flamingos, llamas, camels, tigers, elephants, hippos and bears.
Parco di Pinocchio (Collodi)
The park of Pinocchio is an unusual fantasy theme park in Collodi. The author of the story of Pinocchio, the little wooden boy, adopted the name of this village, Collodi, for his surname after spending most of his childhood here.
Acqua Village Cecina
Water Park with good selection of pools. A variety of water chutes and slides
Disclaimer: The reviews published on the site are intended solely for the purpose of providing general information and comment and are purely our opinions. We cannot guarantee that descriptions on this site are accurate, up to date or free from error. We have found that the campsites described are very good and are some of the top campsites in France but we find that it is difficult to find a campsite which has 100% of what you are looking for. Also one person may love a busy campsite with lots of activities while someone else may love a quiet campsite with a small swimming pool. Actually we tend to be the latter ! So what we have done is highlight the good points of the sites and maybe point out a few of what we have found as slightly negative points. However we strongly recommend that you make full use of as many internet sources as possible before deciding about your holiday, including such things as Google maps.